IMPORT EXPORT CODE
IEC (Import Export Code) is required by anyone who is looking to kick-start his/her import/export business in the country. … Predominantly importers merchant cannot import goods without the Import Export Code and similarly, the exporter merchant cannot avail benefits from DGFT for the export scheme, etc. without IEC.
Steps Involved in IEC (Import/Export Code) Registration
Step 1: Application Form First, you need to prepare an application form in the specified format – Aayaat Niryaat Form ANF-2A format and file it with the respective Regional office of DGFT. Step 2: Documents Secondly, you need to prepare the required documents with respect to your identity & legal entity and address proof with your bank details & the certificate in respect of ANF2A. Step 3: Filing Application Once your application is completed, you need to file with DGFT via DSC (Digital Signature Certificate) and pay the required fee for the IEC Registration. Step 4: IEC Code Finally, once your application is approved then you would receive the IEC Code in a soft copy from the government.
Documents required for IEC (Import Export Code) Registration
For IEC Code Registration following documents are required:
- Individual’s or Firm’s or Company’s copy of PAN Card
- Individual’s voter id or Aadhar card or passport copy
- Individual’s or company’s or firm’s cancel cheque copy of current bank account
- Copy of Rent Agreement or Electricity Bill Copy of the premise
- A self-addressed envelope for delivery of IEC certificate by registered post